Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Midwifery

So today was an amazing day!! I had the priviledge of being present at my sister's delivery. It was so cool!! I was serving as her doula kinda. I am not really a doula yet and i probably didn't help too much, but i was just there to help and support her during her labor and delivery in any way that i could. I hope that i was some help. Anyway, I don't want to spoil any blogging or telling that she might do, so i will leave out the details until later, but it was probably the coolest thing i have ever seen and she was awesome and her little baby is beautiful!!

Anyway, I am just starting school again this summer to finish a few required classes and then apply to the Seattle Midwifery Program. I will be going at the same time as my sister Sarah. This was a wonderful experience for me to have in preparation for school and just in general it was really cool. There is something pretty amazing and spiritual about seeing a baby being born, it made me cry! I guess that must be because the veil is so thin when that sweet baby is being born!

2 comments:

Helena said...

That must have been an amazing experience! Congrats to all!

Melissa P said...

Congratulations!! I bet that was so cool and will be something you wont ever forget- I am excited for you and Sarah to become Midwives! By then I might be ready for baby #2!