Monday, July 20, 2009

Garden Harvesting Fun!

I love gardening and am having so much fun seeing new things growing each day. Almost everyday i pick some vegetables and saute them with butter, olive oil, and some spices. It is a delicious treat!! Here are some pictures of some of the things I have harvested. I have been storing stuff away a little bit, but we eat a lot too. Today we pulled up 3 square feet of carrots, which was about 48 carrots, minus the ones we pulled up in the last couple weeks. Also we harvested the potatoes from our pots. We planted some in about 12" round pots that wouldn't fit in the raised bed. I wanted to see how they were growing so i dug them up and there were quite a few red and yellow pototoes in all the pots. They are just the right size for roasting. I threw some in with the sauted veggies today and Kohl loved it. Anyway, we are now just starting to plant our fall crops and a few things that will be ready by the end of the summer like radishes. We are just having a good time gardening!

5 comments:

Helena said...

What cool carrots! They're so pretty!

Melissa P said...

yummy!

Terry and Emalee said...

so cool. Was a seed packet of mixed carrots?

Dean and Ida said...

The carrots are heirloom carrots and they often come in a mixed packet. It is fun because it is always a surprise what carrot you will pull up.

Horn Family said...

I just love this! So Awesome!!! : ) I am going to try some container gardeningthis year! : )