Born June 23rd at 3:30 am. He was 9 lbs 10 oz. Porter was born very peacefully, besides mommy screaming, at home in a birthing tub. Contractions started around 10 am and then progressed all day. They started to get pretty intense at about 6 or 7 and so I called Dean to come home and my sister Sarah came over. Then about an hour later I called my awesome midwife Dawn. She got here about 9 and then a bit later she checked me and I was at a ten, but my water hadn't broken yet. A little bit later I asked her to break my water and she did and then in a couple more contractions I felt the urge to push and then after a bit of pushing Porter finally came out. He was beautiful and looked so chubby and cute!! I held him on my chest for a little bit and then once the cord stopped pulsing we cut the cord. Then I climbed into bed and snuggled up with my baby and Dad. Then we slept for the rest of the night and in the morning Parley came home to meet his new brother. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, but very cool too. I felt so much better emotionally and mentally stronger after this birth then my first. I guess I felt more in control, like I was the one guiding the experience instead of feeling like I was just there and didn't really have any say or control of the situation. It was very peaceful and calm and it was so nice to curl up in my bed and go to sleep. It was amazing and the more I reflect on it the more amazing it seems to me.
9 years ago




5 comments:
Awww! That first picture is so cute.
I'm glad the birth went so well!
You are awesome and I'm glad it was sooooooooooooo much better than the last time, and I must say its about dang time for an update from you for us that live on the other side of the world! Thanks for putting these cute pics and info up so that I can see and show them to my kiddos!
loved reading the story! Im so glad things fell in line how you were hoping. Congratulations again! Porter is a sweetie.
That's awesome to hear that the delivery went so well! Congrats on a growing family!!!
Soooo Awesome!!!! Love it!!! : ) Congratulations!!! : )
Post a Comment