Monday, July 14, 2008

Rub a dub dub, here is the Tub!





So here is the birthing tub. It is about 4' in diameter and about 3' deep. There is a green liner that is in the tub next to it and that goes inside and then another liner on top of that and so the round tub part you see is just the shell. Anyway, it is all rolled up right now, but Dean will get it all ready when I go into labor. Hopefully that will be soon... like maybe tomorrow! :-)) You can see writing on the side of the tub, that is the names of all the babies that have been born in this tub. It has a history of larger babies.... 9lbs and up.... hmmmm? Well, we shall see i guess! If little Parley is large then I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but the tub I think! They say it helps a ton with the labor pains and really helps to prevent tearing. So thought you all may want to see what it looks like! :-)

4 comments:

Melissa P said...

Thats cool- I've never seen a birthing tub. I hope he comes today!

Bronwyn said...

I'm so excited for you! The tub is awesome. I know you will love it.

Helena said...

I love that it has the babies' names written on it.

Good luck! Preventing tearing is definitely a plus in my book.

Horn Family said...

I loved that tub! I had the same one for Malachi and it was sooo nice but he just had a different plan for his birth. Well he was just too big for me! Did you have to get a c-section? I did with Malachi. I hope all is well. Take Care : )