Here is my pretty melon plant.... not really sure what kind...
~
~
~
Now let me explain the title. The strawberries were growing great, but bugs started to get to them faster then we could, so i was looking into some home recipes for bug repellant. I use this laundry soap called "Charlie's" which I know is quite effective at killing bugs and I had heard that soap works well to kill and deter bugs from your plants. So i suggested to Dean that he spray one or two plants to test it out. Dean claims that I told him to spray all the plants and so that is what he did. Well, it turns out that "Charlie's" soap is pretty potent and probably needs to be watered down before spraying your plants. :-) We got a good scare and thought all the plants were surely dead, but after the leaves turned black for a few days, the plants have managed to survive with a few minor leaves as casualties. The tomatoe plants faired the worst from the agent Charlie's spray, but the strawberries did actually quite well and it did keep the bugs away. Their leaves changed color and then they were just fine and have been growing like crazy. Everything is fortunately still growing great, even the tomatoe plants that i had just transplanted. I am so excited for our little harvest this year, the strawberries though few have been delicious! Dean is so proud of them!! :-)




2 comments:
I am not sure I know what Charlies soap is, but I heard your mom talking about how great it is a while back! I guess it has many uses!
Yikes! I'm glad the plants are okay!
Post a Comment