
So I have been wanting to tell you all about the miracle of my little guy. It may not seem like much, but i know it was a miracle. I wanted to try and have a natural birth and have Parley at home with just me, my husband, my doula (Sarah my sister), and my midwife (Dawn). I feel like that is how Heavenly Father intended it to be and then we can go from there if we need help. Unless I felt the spirit telling me I needed to do something else, I was going to stay at home and it would be alright. So everything was going according to plans until his due date came and went and we hit week 42 weeks and counting. So my midwife works with doctors and they watch you and the baby once you get past week 42. We had several tests and ultrasounds and everything was looking great. During this time the main doctor that my midwife works with was out of town and this other doctor (Dr. Jung... a.k.a. Dr. Jerk) was on call. Also I had been trying everything that I could to naturally go into labor, such as black and blue cohosh, acupuncture, spicy food, castor oil, and lots of walking. I even walked the mile to church one morning. I am sure that was a site. However, nothing was working. So that kinda sets the scene for you, now for the miracles.... at least the ones that i noticed. I am sure there were more that i am not aware of as well.
1)I have the sweetest husband in the world who was by my side the whole time and was a quiet and enormous source of strength for me, even when he couldn't quite handle the needle they put in my back for the epidural. I love him very much and am so glad and blessed that he is my husband and Parley's Dad.
2)I had the most amazing midwife Dawn, equally amazing Doula (Sarah), and Dawn's assistant Michelle who were all very helpful, skilled, supportive, and just all around awesome for me, Dean and Parley!! I couldn't have done it without them all!
3)Parley came late or just at the right time, however you want to look at it, so i got the right Doctor who was willing to help me to have as natural a birth as possible. He also came once the right nurse was there as well. The one before her was horrible and rude, but in the morning when the new nurse came who was awesome, Parley was ready to come out.
4)I got a priesthood blessing after a jerky doctor gave me a lecture that the longer i waited for the baby to come naturally the more inevitable it would be that i would have a c-section. He scared me of course, but Sarah was there and was able to get me through that, i am so glad i was not alone and with somebody that knew a bit more than me with less hormones floating around in her system. I am so thankful for the priesthood too!! In the blessing i was told that i would have a natural birth. I kept thinking about that during the whole labor and when things looked like it was all going to go badly, i just tried to think about that and trust in that blessing and my Heavenly Father. At the same time, my sister called all my family and asked them to pray for me and several other people who were aware of the situation were praying for me too. Looking back on it, the Lord was taking care of me and the baby all along. How humbling and sweet it was for me to think that so many people were praying for me and I know those prayers were heard and answered!
5)Dr. "Bigdaddy" whose name has been changed to protect the innocent :-), was awesome!! He had a cute accent and he was an older man with shortly trimmed hair that was pretty white. He was friendly and jovial, but at the same time very kind and sweet. He worked very well with Dawn and he made me feel at ease when he walked in the room. I hadn't met him before and was a bit worried, but he was supportive of me having a natural birth and worked great with the nurses and was just kind. I really appreciated him!! He had to manually turn Parley's head because he wasn't in quite the right position. three other people i know, two of them who had the same midwife, but the other doctor had similar situations with the babies head not being in position and ended up with c-sections. I was truly blessed!!
6)Parley came into the world at 10:26 am on Saturday, August 2nd of 2008 after 42 hours of labor. He was beautiful and wow, what a blessing!! :-)
7)Then i went up to the recovery area and ran across another angelic nurse who was so kind and supportive and was trying to help me with nursing, which proved to be difficult. My milk didn't come in for 5 days, the normal range being 3-5 days. The lactation consultant wanted me to supplement with formula early on day 2???, but this nurse was kind and reassuring and supportive of me waiting longer. Late in the evening on day three we gave him a little formula which proved to be a big mistake because it upset his stomach and then he couldn't get it through his system. So then, because of my sweet friend Jessica i was able to give him some breast milk with colostrum which i felt so much better about and Parley too. Then my milk finally came in and it has been smooth sailing ever since... well not really but much better!
8)Each day since Parley came into my life i have felt more and more blessed in so many ways!! He is truly a miracle to me! :-)
Sorry for the length, but i wanted to write this down somewhere before i forgot and share it with my friends because it was amazing to me! :-)
1)I have the sweetest husband in the world who was by my side the whole time and was a quiet and enormous source of strength for me, even when he couldn't quite handle the needle they put in my back for the epidural. I love him very much and am so glad and blessed that he is my husband and Parley's Dad.
2)I had the most amazing midwife Dawn, equally amazing Doula (Sarah), and Dawn's assistant Michelle who were all very helpful, skilled, supportive, and just all around awesome for me, Dean and Parley!! I couldn't have done it without them all!
3)Parley came late or just at the right time, however you want to look at it, so i got the right Doctor who was willing to help me to have as natural a birth as possible. He also came once the right nurse was there as well. The one before her was horrible and rude, but in the morning when the new nurse came who was awesome, Parley was ready to come out.
4)I got a priesthood blessing after a jerky doctor gave me a lecture that the longer i waited for the baby to come naturally the more inevitable it would be that i would have a c-section. He scared me of course, but Sarah was there and was able to get me through that, i am so glad i was not alone and with somebody that knew a bit more than me with less hormones floating around in her system. I am so thankful for the priesthood too!! In the blessing i was told that i would have a natural birth. I kept thinking about that during the whole labor and when things looked like it was all going to go badly, i just tried to think about that and trust in that blessing and my Heavenly Father. At the same time, my sister called all my family and asked them to pray for me and several other people who were aware of the situation were praying for me too. Looking back on it, the Lord was taking care of me and the baby all along. How humbling and sweet it was for me to think that so many people were praying for me and I know those prayers were heard and answered!
5)Dr. "Bigdaddy" whose name has been changed to protect the innocent :-), was awesome!! He had a cute accent and he was an older man with shortly trimmed hair that was pretty white. He was friendly and jovial, but at the same time very kind and sweet. He worked very well with Dawn and he made me feel at ease when he walked in the room. I hadn't met him before and was a bit worried, but he was supportive of me having a natural birth and worked great with the nurses and was just kind. I really appreciated him!! He had to manually turn Parley's head because he wasn't in quite the right position. three other people i know, two of them who had the same midwife, but the other doctor had similar situations with the babies head not being in position and ended up with c-sections. I was truly blessed!!
6)Parley came into the world at 10:26 am on Saturday, August 2nd of 2008 after 42 hours of labor. He was beautiful and wow, what a blessing!! :-)
7)Then i went up to the recovery area and ran across another angelic nurse who was so kind and supportive and was trying to help me with nursing, which proved to be difficult. My milk didn't come in for 5 days, the normal range being 3-5 days. The lactation consultant wanted me to supplement with formula early on day 2???, but this nurse was kind and reassuring and supportive of me waiting longer. Late in the evening on day three we gave him a little formula which proved to be a big mistake because it upset his stomach and then he couldn't get it through his system. So then, because of my sweet friend Jessica i was able to give him some breast milk with colostrum which i felt so much better about and Parley too. Then my milk finally came in and it has been smooth sailing ever since... well not really but much better!
8)Each day since Parley came into my life i have felt more and more blessed in so many ways!! He is truly a miracle to me! :-)
Sorry for the length, but i wanted to write this down somewhere before i forgot and share it with my friends because it was amazing to me! :-)




5 comments:
Whew! That's quite a story. (Now you can joke about him being late, or stubborn, or whatever, later.)
I'm glad you got a nice doctor and nurses! That's a big help.
That's a sweet picture.
Why HELLO! It's been forever. Your little boy is a cutey. Congratulations! And they are miracles...I have just 2. Audrey was born July 21. We're adjusting quite nicely. How long have you been married and where are you at?
so i have only been married a year and 2 months today. Dean reminded me that it was our anniversary when he awoke this morning!:-) I am living in WA and just getting used to being a mommy still!
It was great that you wrote it all down! It will help and strengthen you later when you look back on it, and it also is organized for others to understand better! These things really are evidence of our Father in our lives! mom
hello simmons family! hello parley! yay blogging! so fun to have you on- loved reading your post!
Post a Comment