So we had a really fun Christmas and it was even a white Christmas, which i felt was a nice bonus! Dean and I went up to Port Orchard and spent the night with Dean's parents and Grandma Post! There was so much snow we weren't sure we would be able to make it out there, but we managed. There was such a nice yard full of snow when we got there that the boys set in making a snow fort. When we arrived Barry had already started work on it with Isabella and Genevieve. Dean jumped right in with the work crew, i am pretty sure he didn't even come into the house until it was finished. I watched from the window with Parley. It was nice though, even from the window, it brought back some memories for me of making a big old snow fort with my Dad and all the kids. So here are the glorious pictures of the fort they constructed. 

Christmas Eve we ate Christmas cookies and sat around and visited while the kids played in the snow. It was the first time that I was able to meet Bill's wife Sarah and her three girls (Genevieve, Isabella, & Josephine). Bill is in the military and they moved around a lot. Right now Bill is in Korea, but we got to chat with him online. It was really nice to meet them all and get to know them better. Then we had a nice dinner over at Grandma's house and Dean and I sat down for a game of Sequence with Grandma. First Grandma won, she is a real tricky player and then I won the second round. Then we finally settled in for the night. The next morning we got up and opened the stockings and some gifts from Mom and Dad Simmons. We also opened a package from Grandma Peterson. We thought about staying one more day, but the weather reports kept threatening more snow and we didn't want to get stuck there, so we headed back home that night. When we got home Sarah's kids opened there other presents. They were all lobbying that we go home too instead of stay another night because they really wanted to open their presents. Dean and I cheated and opened ours before we left. :-) I knew Dean couldn't wait, after all last year he woke me up at 5:30 in the morning on Christmas Eve to open our presents, so for the sake of my sleep i decided to open them up before we left. 






4 comments:
the fort sure brings back memories. i n winter time I often think about that fort that we built with Dad. It was so big. If I remember correctly that fort stayed up pretty much all winter long. Also makes me think about the times we went out on sleds on the frozen lake and looked at the stars. Good times.
That looks awesome!!!! Man I wish I was there for the snow storm!!! We haven't had a storm like that since I was a little girl! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! I can't remember if I told you but we are going to be sealed to Malachi at the Seattle Temple on the 5th of Feb at the 11 am session. Hope to see you there : )
Looks like you guys had a blast in the snow!!!
That is a stylin snow fort. I remember same stuff from when I was a kid.
Post a Comment