Monday, April 27, 2009

Garden Pics 2009

I know that it has been quite a while since i put anything on my blog, but i have been very busy as you can see. I enrolled in school, got a new calling at church, helping out with my brother's new baby, trying to get these gardens up and running and doing the everyday things like laundry, changing diapers, watching my super cute little boy and all that jazz! So anyway, here are the pics of the garden as it stands right now and hopefully there will be more delightful pictures of lots of things growing very soon!! :-)
Okay, so here is the little map of my garden that i might have gotten a bit carried away with when i decided to do up a little map on the computer.... now i have 8x10 glossy colored copies of each raised bed with the all the little details of the garden. We shall see if this is helpful or a bad idea in the end.
Here are the tomato starts that i recently got and they are doing quite well and look very healthy, but i only have two to three weeks before i have to get them in the ground or they won't do so well. I put them outside during the day and inside at night for now.

Here are two of the raised beds with them all plotted out into 1x1' squares ready for planting. Don't they look great!! :-)



here are the other two raised beds. One is a double decker because we are planting carrots and potatoes in that bed. These are not finished yet as you can see, but are getting super close. Hopefully tonight. I am also putting in little stepping stones between the boxes and tiny pebbles to go around the stones, just so it looks delightful! I hope they grow well.


2 comments:

Samara and Family said...

They are looking great. Good Job!

Kati said...

Hi Ida!! Wow! You may not remember me...it's been awhile. Anyway, I love you huge raised garden! You even have a chart of what's going into it! That's awesome. I tried it last year and my garden totally failed; givin it another shot though this year. Anyway, Your boy is so cute! Are you still in Tacoma? I know, it's silly to ask questions on blogspots. :)
It was good to find your blog!!!